Saturday, August 18, 2012


Hello, Edinburgh!

Some of us woke up earlier than others to begin rehearsal for our first full day, but we all woke up to a cloudy sky and a chilly morning. Apparently, this is considered pants weather. I still enjoyed waking up to this :). The night before we spent exploring Scotland via a scavenger hunt and enjoying our new town house!

Before I get ahead of myself, let me introduce myself! I’m Ariceli Alfaro, the stage manager and techy for this awesome cast. Technically this is a  one woman crew, but directors and actors are helping out with whatever needs to get done for the production and tech side.


We have blocking rehearsals downstairs in the dining hall and music rehearsals upstairs in the common room. There’s a lot to do, but I can’t help stopping and appreciating this beautiful house. With huge windows and beautiful singing, things feel surreal in this house. It might just be “Unworthy of Your Love” tugging at my heart strings but I feel very warm and fuzzy with everything going on in this house.

Despite these pleasant distractions, yesterday was filled with endless productive hours of rehearsal, a dinner break, and a stumble through that night. We didn’t end until midnight and then tech continued after that. I never thought I’d make a noose but I successfully learned how to make a noose for Guiteau’s scene.


Alas, I have to get back to finishing tech sheets and light designing.  Also I need to fix our mic that just broke! Until next time, here’s a picture of Izzy during rehearsal.


Oh, and for those who don’t know, Nessy is our traveling Lock Ness Monster. It was essential to bring him to his homelands.


Questions, comments,  haikus?

Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment