Monday, August 27, 2012

Hello. Today. August 25, 2012.

Hello. Today. August 25, 2012. There were so many planes earlier.  We only rode on one of them, though.  Not anymore!  Tomorrow we will go on a great adventure back to the Americas and fly on a different plane!  Bangarang!

Except that plane meant they had to wake up at 5:30am.....

Today’s show was an excellent way to end this marvelous trip abroad.  So much energy and the audience laughed at just about anything we said, except Pat because he smelled and the audience knew it.  It was appropriate for his character I suppose.

He doesn't seem to mind Pat's smell here

On a more serious note, I could not have asked for a better first trip outside the states.  Despite my rather tragic and failed attempts to hand out flyers for our show (I’m really bad at publicity), I enjoyed every moment of this ‘ssassins Tour!  The people, the culture, the kilts, everything was inspiring and refreshing.  I was also happy to learn that the color purple is the pride of Scotland.  By the way, Starbucks still accepted my Gold card overseas.  Win!

Casey's version of publicity (with Pat and Brian)

Aside from the myriad of fun touristy things we did, the most invaluable experience was simply sightseeing.  A group of us climbed to the highest point we could find in a park where we could see the entire city of Edinburgh.  Looking out, we could see for miles and miles, all the way to Arthur’s Seat, a mountain towering over Edinburgh.  I was even more fascinated to discover that Edinburgh is built on a dormant volcano.  In those moments, I’ll truly began to appreciate the rich history and land of Scotland. 

Goodbye Scotland!  It’s been fun!  Fringe for the win!


~Casey Kolb

No comments:

Post a Comment