Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hello there from Across the Pond!!!!!!


Hi there! I am writing this post from the lobby of the Heathrow Terminal 4 Underground Lobby and couldn’t be more excited to get here. We have time to kill before we can buy cheaper tickets for the day and I decided to make myself useful and write a blob post. My name is Maeve and I’m a rising sophomore at Princeton. In the show I play Sarah Jane Moore would be assassin of President Gerald Ford. I still can’t believe that we’re finally here. This last day and half has been crazy and now that I finally get a moment to sit and think, I realize how excited I am for the coming week and a half.

            Picking up where Adam left off, the cook out at Matilda’s home was lovely and much needed. It was the first time that we had all been together since reunions ended and the evening was spent cooking, eating, and just hanging out. I think one of my favorite moments when no one believed me that a vine of grapes on the back porch until I accidentally made one explode by squeezing it too hard. The following morning we all met at GFS to repack our bags and do some final rehearsal. We had brought Lily’s scale from home to weigh our bags and it was quite a time trying to figure out how to distribute all of the props and costumes between 12 people’s luggage.

            Our greatest triumph of the day came when we  (and all of our luggage) fit into a van meant for 15 people with no trunk. The ride to Newark was spent bonding and playing games, or in my case sleeping. The plane ride there was great as it was spent next to the wonderful Adam Stasiw and FINALLY WATCHING THE AVENGERS!!!!!!!!  Plus we were able to get some sleep in preparation for the awesomeness that's in store.

           Anyway, we made it here in one piece and even made it through customs with all of our prop guns J. Now we’re just waiting to get to our hostel, drop our bags off, and explore this amazing city! Until next time. Hail to the chief!!!!!!!  

       Maeve

1 comment:

  1. BLOB POST!!!! Love you Maevy Baby. ALL OF THIS MAKES ME SO EXCITED AND I AM NOT EVEN THERE! xoxo hollace

    ReplyDelete